Polenta and Mushrooms
This is a super-easy, one-pot meal in two steps: first cook the topping, then keep it warm under a foil tent while you cook the polenta. This dish will take less than 30 minutes, prep to plate.
- 1 pound mushrooms (any kind), sliced
- 1 small leek, tender bottom 6" only, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, snipped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 2 tablespoons shredded asiago (or other very sharp cheese)
Plate the polenta and top it with the mushrooms. In a concession to summer, we added a salad; sauteed greens are an excellent side in fall or winter.
And for anyone keeping track, this was day four of five planned meals. Success!